Monday, April 30, 2007

Can you drive a little more in my lane please?

Driving pet peeve:

Drivers that keep one tire on the line, or worse, keep one tire on MY side of the lane. Even worse than that are drivers who drive in two lanes, thinking it's just one S-U-P-E-R-W-I-D-E lane just for them. These drivers are often on their cell phones. Or driving some huge SUV, oblivious to the real size of their vehicle.

Ottawa Marathon Training - W5, Day #1

Planned run: 25 km

Actual run: 8 km

GB called me Sunday morning to tell me he couldn't run with me. Dang! Running alone these days sucks, especially for such a long time. Nothing to distract me, no chatter, no jokes. So no long run ... besides, I had had very little sleep, had to work in the afternoon, and also had dance practice later on.

All is not lost yet though! Let's wait to see how the rest of the week goes ...

Monday

Do you ever get one of those crazy hectic days in the office where everybody wants you to do something for them NOW?

Besides making some stupid errors due to too many things to do at once (now rectified of course), I finished later than expected and had to cancel my after-work plans to do more work elsewhere (Hey, I'm contractual!) And during the most crazy and hectic part of today, I felt my toe go through my sock. Great.


Tonight's training:

40 laps = 1000 m in 21 min. Easy-going swim, I tried to stay relaxed. Not bad considering I stopped to stretch and adjust my cap and goggles a few times. I must be doing something right with my technique as I am much faster than last year.

Cool down with another 8 laps, so total swim was 1200 m. I'm happy that I can finally do breast stroke without pain in my neck. My whiplash has healed considerably :-)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home