Sunday, April 29, 2007

What's more important than running?

Ottawa Marathon Training - W4, Day #3

Planned run: 15 km
Actual run: zilcho

I had two chances to run and I didn't, for some very lame reasons ...

1) Thursday: watching television and half a meat pie
2) Friday: bottle of wine with scrumptious candle-lit dinner trumps running

Saturday was a no go either ... too much work. Didn't hit the hay until 4 am. Sigh ... life of a contractual worker.

Ottawa Marathon Training Summary - Week #4

Planned mileage: 46 km
Actual mileage: 31 km

On the brighter side, this represents a 237 % increase in mileage from last week's 9.2 km. Woohoo! (I have to count all the little victories :-)

In the end, no matter what distance I train or don't train, it will be worth it ... another shiny medal to hang in my office, and more particularly, this!

THE DAY AFTER THE MARATHON

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger FreddyBeachPete said...

hi "silly sally"

I follow your blog after first finding it through a search for Team Diabetes blogs. Just wondering how you posted the You Tube player on your blog. I put a link to that video (I LOVED it!) but I would like to have it actually appear on my blog as you have it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Peter

11:59 a.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

Peter, thanks for following along with my blog ... which event are you training for?

I posted the YouTube player by copying and pasting the code beside the word "Embed" under the URL link. Simple as that! :-) Let me know if it works for you ...

8:51 p.m.  
Blogger FreddyBeachPete said...

Thanks SS -I will give it a try and let you know how it works.

I was training for NYC 06 with team Diabetes (what a fantastic experience) when I started my blog, continued it through my training for Boston 07 (as a guest of the sponsor Manulife/John Hancock and an equally great experience) and now am thinkin' about what's next.

Peter
www.petermcdrunning.blogspot.com

10:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home