Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My car odometer lied to me!

Ottawa Marathon Training - Week #2

Day #1: 15 km
Distance ran: 6 km on Monday ... was supposed to run Sunday, but what the heck ... figured I'd do the long run the day after

Day #2: 7 km
Distance ran: 14 km, but thought I had run 15 km! Really!!

Last year, I measured today's route with my car odometer ... Then tonight, I went to verify it on http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ and found out that I've been lied to! Grrr ... I thought I was being a good girl forcing myself to go the complete distance, only to find myself one measly kilometre short!

Not only that, but my legs are paying for this sudden increase in mileage. Just love that lactic acid buildup! I am so looking forward to tomorrow morning ... NOT! I'd forgotten how difficult running is ... so much easier on the body to cycle and swim.

Alright, so far this week, I am two km short of my training goal ... sigh.

Note to David Fein, my dance buddy in New York ... thanks for calling to encourage me for this marathon ... I'll call you back tomorrow - I promise!

Went out to catch "300" with KC. Pretty cool film. Pretty cool fight scenes and effects. Pretty cool script. I especially liked the part where the queen ... (can't tell you or I will give it away ;-) It was fun to see myself in it for all of two seconds as one of the slave girls ... try to pick me out ... I'm carrying the bowl of fruit ... LOL!!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home