Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"Sometimes I like to go out with hair."

Ottawa Marathon Training: W4, Day #2

Planned distance: 10 km
Actual distance: 10 km

Woohoo!! I tell you ... though I am happy I completed the planned run on my schedule yesterday, it was a really tough one. I had three blisters from Sunday's run, one of which was still red and very sore, and only got more sore with every kilometre. I also had a super tight hamstring which refused to release with stretching, even though I tried four times. But I managed to find a comfortable but very slow rhythm. So with red lights providing necessary short breaks, I succeeded!

Quick shower, then off to meet the Montreal Coolrunners at Hurley's Pub. Here we are from left to right: Killerchops, Silly Sally (me!), Turtleboy, Runningag, Mercury, Lifeany, Joeboxter, and AT. Unfortunately, the lovely Kneejerk had to leave a little before the pic was taken.




We got some surprise visitors: Mr. Lambchops and his mountain goat friend who will be racing in the Alps and climbling 6000 m during this event!

Last Coolrunning outing we had, Runningag said he would show up at the next one wearing his wig: "Sometimes I like to go out with hair." Here he is, as he promised, the man of the hour wearing his $20 wig ... but sooo nicely coiffured by a professional hairstylist for $5.

The pull was too intense. We all had to try it on afterwards ...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAH! Hilarious! Nice!!!!!

9:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home