Monday, April 09, 2007

Ottawa Marathon Training Summary: Week #1

OOOOHHH!!!

I didn't do too well with my first week ... Bad start, bad start. But it's so hard to train when I know I've been able to pull off a marathon with almost no training (New York 2006).

Besides, I'm still sick (3 1/2 weeks now with a cold and counting) ... and it was a holiday weekend with the kids ... and it was cold and dark outside by the time I had a small window of opportunity tonight ...

Week #1
Scheduled mileage = 26 km
Actual mileage = 11 km

But if I look at it this way, I don't feel as bad ...

% increase from last week's mileage of 5 km = 102 %
WOOHOO !!

AND ... I swam a tiring 1000 m this afternoon. Tiring because there was only one lane open. No fast or medium lane. Just a general "I want to dawdle" lane. I had to do a lot of sprinting to get past the other "swimmers" and avoid a head-on collision with those in the other half of the lane. Very frustrating reaching the ends of the pool as there were only a few people who understand the concept of "letting the faster swimmer go ahead". Guess it was more like interval work today, except there were no sets and no breaks.

Tonight, I only managed a measly 6 km run. Honestly folks, the cold and dark and lack of company (yes, I tried calling a running mate) did not motivate me. I had to use the flimsy excuse of needing to pass by a bank machine to get me out there ... sigh ...

I swear ... tomorrow ... I'll make up for it ... while it's sunny outside :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home