Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Delights!

Ottawa Marathon Training Summary - Week #3

Planned mileage for the week: 40 km
Actual mileage for the week: 9.2 km

Decrease from last week's mileage of 38 km = 75.8 %

Um, I ain't doing so good ...

But I did hit the pool again on Saturday and swam a kilometre (40 laps non-stop) , then of course, played with the kids.

Saturday evening yumminess:

First BBQ of the season ... I make the most amazing BBQ sauce from scratch. Can't believe the kids ate more than I did! On the menu, BBQ boneless and skinless chicken thighs, romaine and endive salad lightly tossed with salt, pepper, olive oil dressing, and something my mom introduced me to ... red rice, waaaay better than brown rice. Super tasty!


Sunday evening yumminess:

I've been promising my kids to make these for a while. Chinese sticky buns. These ones are filled with minced pork and seasonings. I also made some with Chinese sausage inside. For those who don't know what they are, well, I would post a pic but we ate them all. They're small and red and a little sweet ... absolutely delicious and one of our favourites.

I have fond memories of my mother spoiling us with buns like these ... she used to make them occasionally along with all sorts of exotic goodies. Everyone's got their comfort foods, and I think EVERYTHING my mom used to cook falls under that category.

I made sure to eat a good supper because GB came by afterwards and we ran on the mountain together. I brought my headlamp as the mountain path gets quite dark and there's hardly anyone around.

We passed some silly girl wearing headphones, no headlamp, and running by herself. GB and I looked at each other ... yup, same thoughts. Not the wisest thing to do, run in the dark alone on the mountainside without being able to hear the predator pouncing on you because the music is blasting too loudly. Or second scenario ... "I've sprained my ankle because of the uneven path and it's only a 5k walk back down the mountain."

Ottawa Marathon Training Update: W4, Day #1

Planned Mileage: 21 km
Actual Mileage: 21 km


ROCK ON!!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quebec or Ottawa ? : )

I feel the same way about mom's cooking and more often then not - no recipe to follow...

You've made me hungry with your blog this mornng.

4:58 a.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

Well lookee that ... Freudian slip ... You're right, I made a mistake and let the cat out of the bag. No, I'm presently training for Ottawa, but Quebec *might* get thrown into the picture later this summer ... still deliberating ... and I guess I needed to deliberate loudly!

10:44 a.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

Oh, by the way, it's corrected now ... whew!

10:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home