Thursday, May 03, 2007

Rock on, JC!

I got me a new running buddy ... my infamous swimming buddy, JC!! Woohoo! And he was suuuch a good sport tonight, running half my run with me. He had called me up for a swim but I told him I needed to run. He had run a half hour yesterday so I was surprised that he said he'd join me. He's a newbie runner and I know that it can be quite difficult running two days straight when one is not used to it. Heck, even I try to avoid it ... note my 1 to 3-day/week marathong training schedule.

I was very happy to have the company and didn't mind slowing down a notch or two, even walking for a minute or so, just to give JC a chance to recuperate. This is the farthest he's ever run and he did a mighty impressive job ... Congrats, my friend :-) I'm so proud of you. It's a good thing you didn't know what kind of distance you were in for ...

Ottawa Marathon Training - W5, Day #2

Planned distance: 5 km
Actual distance: 14 km

This may sound good but it really isn't. I'm just trying to make up for Tuesday's missed run due to a super bad allergic reaction. An emergency visit to the doctor's and now I'm now on lots of meds. Don't ask me what I'm allergic to, I wish I knew! This extremely itchy rash covered over 50% of my body. My skin felt like it was on fire, stretched out too tightly from all the inflammation.


Jonathan and I talked about training and races. This will be his first foray into triathlon this summer. He's joining the tri team I belonged to next month and will be aiming for a sprint triathlon later this summer. I'm sure he'll have lots of fun.

We made jokes about running marathons and how hard they are. I told him that I used to get mad at myself (for choosing to run another marathon) and curse out loud when it got really tough. I remember asking myself "Why do you do this, Bonnie?" and ponder if I'd ever run another marathon, "This is it, this is the last one, never again. F**K!!"

I stopped cursing and asking myself questions a few marathons ago. This especially showed with New York where I wasn't even nervous the night before as per usual marathon routine. I just accept that it's gonna hurt real bad and that I'll probably never lose the marathon bug. Bad addiction. I'm afraid that the same thing might happen with Ironman ...

Problem is ...

I like to race but I don't like to train.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home