Tuesday, May 08, 2007

OH MY GOSH!!

True story, too true ...

My upstairs neighbour after just having arrived home from work today, was startled by noise at the front door, which she had only closed just 30 seconds before. A strange man had followed her into her house and was in her vestibule. She told him to get out and he mumbled something about, "Isn't this so-and-so address?"

Get real, Mr. Loser. If you are familiar enough to the house and occupant to be comfortable enough to walk in unannounced, then you'd certainly recognize whether or not you'd made the mistake of entering the wrong house. Heck, you would have already known before opening the door! If this was an unknown house and address as per your reaction, then why the heck did you not knock or ring the buzzer?!?!

My neighbour was very upset and rightly so when she ran downstairs and told me what had just happened. She wished she had screamed at the top of her lungs to "GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!" but she hadn't because of her polite nature. Besides, she was too much in shock. All she had done was back him out of the doorway by presenting herself as a barrier until he left. She regretted not having been more assertive and less of a victim.

Thank God nothing bad happened to her, but it gave me enough willies to decide not to run in the dark tonight. And tomorrow, I'll look around before I walk into my house. Hope my neighbour will not be too traumatized ...

Well, at least I ran yesterday, even got up at 5:20 am to do so, since I had lots of work to clear off my desk as well.

Ottawa Marathon Training - W6, Day #1

Planned distance: 28 km
Actual distance: 4.5 km ...

... Hey, cut me some slack ... I was supposed to do a long run Sunday but it's hard to fit in with the kids, etc. At least Monday's run was a tempo run ... I think ... Well, I ran faster, does that count?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary stuff : (

we can never let our guard down, makes one think.

glad no one was hurt

6:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that this happened... Keep your eyes open and stay alert!

7:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home