Friday, May 04, 2007

The Irongoddess

What a beautiful spring day today! This kind of weather calls for comfy casual. Good thing I presently work in an office that has a relaxed dress code. I slipped on some cotton slacks and my super cool Ironman black short-sleeved collared shirt.

Co-worker: I googled a friend yesterday.

Silly Sally: Have you ever googled yourself? I used to think everyone could find themselves on Google, just because I’ve got stuff on Google, until I tried looking up my friends.

Co-worker: Oh? What kind of stuff do you have?

Silly Sally: Well, I have a blog.

Co-worker: Cool, what about?

Silly Sally: About my training and other stuff … I was part of a charity team for Team Diabetes and did a big triathlon, the Ironman.

Since it was such a nice day, I had packed my run gear so that I could train during my lunch break. Interestingly, I met a nice runner named Dave.

Silly Sally: Wow, that looks like a heavy backpack. What are you training for?

Dave: Nothing right now, but I’ve done one marathon and a few half Ironmans.

Silly Sally: Hew wow, I’m an Ironman.


At the end of the work day, I turned off my computer, grabbed my purse, and took my super cool Ironman jacket out of the closet. On the back are embroidered the words:

TRIATHLON
SWIM 2.4 miles BIKE 112 miles RUN 26.2 miles


Ottawa Marathon Training – W5, Day #3
Planned distance: 18 km
Actual distance: 5.5 km

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home