Sunday, April 08, 2007

Look what we found!

It's been a holiday weekend full of food, food, and more food. Good thing I love to cook and bake. No running though ... I am again off the mark with my marathon training plan. Well, there's only so much I can do as a single mother when the kids are around.

When I trained for my first marathon, Quebec 2001, my children were much younger and much LIGHTER. When I had no sitter and had to train, I used to pull them both in the wagon. They loved it and used to scream out "Faster, faster!"

Perhaps my neighbours thought I was crazy running in such hot temperatures while pulling my little ones, but I remember how proud I was of myself for being so determined. I felt the same way cycling on the bike paths with both kids in tow in the trailer, especially as I passed the other cyclists on the uphills. Though I am not a frail woman, I am still quite petite, but never have I felt less than MIGHTY and INVINCIBLE during these precious moments when I trained with my kids.


FRIDAY

With only a few hours sleep due to my previous night's shoot, Good Friday became Relaxed Friday.

As expected, no training except for some good ab work, what with all the gut-wrenching laughter as we watched the totally hilarious and highly enjoyable film Blades of Glory. A "must see" if you like great parody and purposeful cheesiness.



Will Farrell and Jon Heder play two over-the-top figure skaters who, after being banned from men's competition forever, find a loophole and overcome their differences to compete in the pairs division. Fantastic costumes and routines. Especially hilarious to me since I grew up watching lots of figure skating.

**Watch for my light blue Chevy Aveo with the snowboard rack as Will Farrell "gets away"** This film was shot in Montreal and I did some extra work on it with Greta, my car. Will Farrell is really tall, especially running with skates!

SATURDAY

We hit the pool but unfortunately the holiday schedule dictated an early closure. Dang. Instead, we headed off to pick up some Chinese groceries ... and LOOK WHAT WE FOUND!

Earlier that afternoon, my sons remarked on my being smitten with a certain German tea set from the 1700's on display at the Museum of Fine Arts. I stopped three times to gaze at it longingly as we explored the "Decorative Arts" exhibit.

So when we found this $19.00 set, we just had to have it!



Great little tea set ... and with a metal strainer too! Bonus!! The kids and I were thrilled about our find and were anxious to put it to good use, so of course, this called for some nice loose-leaf tea ... My favourite, green tea!

This little splurge dictated preparing a nice supper to celebrate ... steamed egg with oyster sauce, BBQ pork, sauteed broccoli, and Jasmine-scented rice.


Sometimes it's not the big things that are the most important. Treasure all the small things. They are just as important. Never take them for granted.

Sometimes when picking up my kids, I would tell them that I had a surprise for them ... It was always simple things, like strawberries and cream for dessert, or putting out the wading pool for them, or a friend coming to join us for supper ... the list is endless.

It's up to you to fill your list and make your life special.

SUNDAY

We hit the pool again, this time successfully.

1) 10 x 8 laps = 80 laps or 2000 m - Worked on relaxing, body position and pull

2) I played "Monkey in the Middle" and "Tag" with the kids.

Nothing beats celebrating Easter with chocolate, a tasty braised beef with all the fixings, and a fun game of Monopoly. Did I tell you that Monopoly is my favourite game in the world? I once played in a tournament when I was in university ... I'll show you proof one day if you're interested ...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home