Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I would have never thought!

Today was SUPPOSED to be a very productive day. Instead, I got sucked into the vortex of two very charming and delightful gentlemen visiting from London, England, and ended up pigging out and showing off Montreal's fun eating spots. I would have never thought that they were so totally cool! Ha ha!

And who is to blame for this? ... JC, my swim buddy!!

Alright, alright, I admit it ... I went with my twisted rubber arm to meet JC and his brother GC and friend GM for brunch. Cool morning ... got to hang out with two Kiwis and an Aussie for hours over a delicious omelet, fresh fruit, and three cups of coffee. It was great meeting JR as well, a very sincere and pretty girl from Franc, who like JC, is also a photographer. We had a great conversation about the importance of looking into people's eyes ...

JC and JR returned to their work. We remaining three decided that the super long brunch called for a walk afterwards. Final destination, Little Italy and the Jean-Talon market where I snapped this shot of GM and GC (left to right) .


Spring is just around the corner! Isn't it wonderful to finally have above zero temperatures? Lovely flowers, aren't they?




GM was intent on finding some yummy cannollis but instead, we found some lovely homemade pasta. Never found those cannollis but there were lots of nice cafés.




A little gurgle in GC's tummy brought us next to Schwartz's, the internationally reknown deli famous for it's amazing smoked meat sandwiches. Can't visit Montreal without tasting one of these, and of course a bagel from Fairmount or St-Viateur's Bagels, but we didn't have time to stop there too.



I wanted to chuck the cell phone of the man sitting to my right at the cafeteria-style table. It rang non-stop with one of those annoying gimmicky ring tones one hears only in American films. Obviously, he was not aware of the "vibrate" function on his phone.

The still hungry men wanted pie afterwards, so of course I HAD to bring them to Rockaberry's on St-Denis Street. And of course, I HAD to have a slice of Key Lime Pie. Couldn't let the men eat alone, could I? And heck, we still had 45 minutes to kill until it became absolutely essential to get them back to JC's flat so that they could pack and catch their evening flight.


All in all, a very unproductive day work-wise, but an incredibly amusing and lucky day spent happily in the company of two wonderful men with sexy accents and wild wit. The fetish nightclub story was a total hoot!

Thank you GC and GM for your company and all the laughs! And thank you for sharing with me two things that I love ... Montreal and FOOD!!

Ahem ... no training today ... couldn't get up off the ground from rolling around with my big belly ...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home