Thursday, March 01, 2007

Good girl, bad girl

GOOD GIRL

Got in a fairly decent workout at the pool.

10 laps warm-up
10 laps kicking drills
10 laps position drills
10 laps pull-buoy drills

4 x 10 laps freestyle, with last 10 concentrating on making myself as long as possible and reaching forward

Lots and lots and lots of flip turns. I usually rotate to my right and can't rotate worth sh*t to my left ... collided right into another swimmer as I pushed off the wall of the pool. Thank goodness he didn't chew me out; I felt so guilty already and apologized profusely through my embarrassment.

4 laps cool-down: one lap breast stroke, 3 laps slow back crawl. I realise how much my neck is still injured from my car accident. Breast stroke used to be easy, it is now very painful and difficult.

Grand total of 84 laps, or 2100 m. Yay!

BAD GIRL

True to my nature, I got too engrossed in my work this afternoon and realising the time, only had 20 min. left to run before picking up the kiddies. Well, I suppose 20 min. is better than nothing. And here I am, trying to train for a spring marathon. I'm not doing too well. I will have to run it on blood and guts and sheer will, fuelled by stupidity. Sigh.

Spent $220 at Loblaws ... What!?!?! We are only 3 people! How's that!? Alright, I did buy big ticket items like that big pack of soft toilet paper and Louisiana-style chicken wings. It was also dinnertime and we were all hungry - nope, not a good time to shop.

Word of advice ... The last batch of toilet paper I bought was that recycled kind. Never again ... I am sure they must have missed a few steps in the recycling process of all those cardboard boxes ... Need I say more ... OUCH!

I'm tired. How did I ever survive all those 3-5 hour training days last summer?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home