Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Trail running story

I was doing some trail running one day last autumn when a frog called out to me and said, "If you kiss me I'll turn into a handsome prince." I bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in my jacket pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a handsome prince, I will tell everyone how smart and sexy you are and how you are my heroine." I took the frog out of my pocket, smiled at it, and returned it to my pocket. Then I continued running as the sun was starting to set and I hadn't brought my headlamp.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a handsome prince, I'll stay with you for a year and do ANYTHING you want," and quickly lashed out his long tongue. I rolled my eyes, thinking all males think the same, and again took the frog out of my pocket, smiled at it, and put it back into my pocket.

Finally the frog asked, "What's the matter? I've told you I'm a handsome prince and that I'll stay with you for a year and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

I replied, "Look, I'm a Triathlete. I don't have time for a boyfriend or a lover, but a talking frog is cool. And if I play it right, I could make enough money off of you to get that tribike I've been looking at and also pay my way to Ironman Lake Placid 2008."

**************************************

Going for an hour swim now ...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Meagan said...

Ahahaha, very nice, Sally!!

6:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home