Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The shoes got in the way of my run ...

This afternoon, I slipped in a swim between meetings. 60 non-stop laps. Not bad. Even had time for a 10-minute lunch too. Good stuff!

Later, off to meet KR for a little shopping though I was supposed to run.

Clothes shopping ... something I rarely ever do. I see that more as a girly-girl thing, and though I can glamour it up without your ever knowing that I am truly a jockette (because I am such an amazing and credible actress) ... well, I figured I could have some fun alongside the other bargain hunters at Winner's, the well-known brand name discount store.

And I figured what the heck, my track pants and jeans are wearing thin and look like they've been dragged over every possible rough surface.

Honestly, I shop like a man. I know what I want and go out only when I need it, preferring hardware stores. I hate comparison shopping and trying things on. I go in, take a look, and if I like what I see, get as much as possible in the same store. One-stop shopping and I'm done for the year. Haven't had a "shopping spree" for over a year and a half and felt like my wardrobe was due.

"What! I can only try on six items at a time?" Good thing my friend and I tag-teamed for each other as we proceeded to try on all the outfits filling our shopping carts.

Ugh, I was caught in bargoon heaven and had just cause to purchase ... like the nice Simon Chang trench coat with the flowered lining to replace the one that I bought 13 years ago when I was big and pregnant. Yes, I have managed to slim down considerably since.

And no, no, no, couldn't say no to the $9.99 little black dress special.

And of course, just had to get some 4" stilletto pumps to go with it ...


Last pair of sexy pumps I bought was 20 years ago. Yup, figured it was time for a new pair. Anyway, my yellow Asics running shoes don't quite go with the little black dress.

Who says a jockette can't be sexy? I've got JC's party to go to in a week and a half and I want to look HOT!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very sexy
shoes
..very beautiful..

12:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home