Monday, February 26, 2007

Reset ... reset ...

My hours have been too wickedly all over the place. That's what I get for being an artist and hanging out with people who also have do not have "regular" schedules. So tonight, I am going to try to go to sleep "early". These late nights have been killing me, throwing my balance off, and making my training not just irregular, but more like haphazard.

Got back from some fun snowboarding last Saturday with the kids (they are almost as good as I am now!) Thought I had my cell phone on me but didn't. And it wasn't in my coat pocket either, as I had checked when we arrived at the ski hill. Where could it be? After calling my cell phone several times with my cordless home phone and searching everywhere with a flashlight, I finally found it. Not IN my car, but UNDER my car, half buried in the snow. I guess it must have fallen out of my jacket pocket as I loaded up the car.

Still works, but the LCD screen is kaput. Can't see who's calling or whom I'm calling. Can't access my phone book either. Drat. But it still works!

Sunday was a recreational day. We visited the pool and went tobogganing on the hillside. My oldest son congratulated me for swimming faster than than I did last year :-) I still can't beat him in a short race though ... And why do kids always choose the part of the hill with the biggest bumps ... OUCH!

Weather is finally warming up. I've been *thinking* a lot about running, but I suppose thinking about it isn't going to make me sweat.

********************************

Oh yes, here's the 5-star meal that my friend PB made for me and two other friends last night. Absolutely delicious! My tummy was spoiled rotten. Sorry no pics ... my appetite was stronger than my artsy photographer side.

Drinks:
Red wine, not sure what kind as I did not drink any, but undoubtedly a good one as PB is a wine connoisseur
Blackberry liquor (a bit like sherry and very yummy)

Appetizers:
Green and black olives
Marinated eggplant
Gherkin pickles
Vine leaves stuffed with rice
Cheese crackers with spicy red pepper jelly

Entrees:
Grilled vegetable terrine
Garden salad with warm goat cheese croutons

Main dish:
Veal shanks with endives and lavender

Dessert:
Mango sherbet with champagne syrup

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home