Friday, July 07, 2006

Playing catch up

I rode to Cycles Technique to get the aerobars that Dirk gave me put on. It is a difficult thing riding with a bag on the handlebars, especially when the bag breaks! ... Had to turn back 5 min. into my ride to get a thicker bag.

Anyway, I got down to the store and one of the owners, Luc, fitted Freida my bike with the cool aerobars and then fitted them to me! He even cut them so they wouldn't interfere with my knees while climbing and sprinting. They almost look like a bat or something!

I have to say, I am really impressed with Cycles Technique and how I've been treated there so far. Nothing but exceptional service. They are a small bike store found on Notre-Dame close to Atwater and the Lachine bike path. Super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend going there and will for sure get all my stuff from them, even though it's a little trek for me to get there ... but they are worth it!

So, afterwards, I continued my ride and did hillwork in Upper Westmount by Summit Circle and the like. Good workout, though I noticed the lack of strength from having not cycled since last Sunday (ugh). Finished with 48km.

Then a painful physio session (yeah, nothing new ... recovery rate is too creepingly slow for my taste). At least my arm has been much better.

Later that evening, I called up my friend KJ for a run. Great, albeit how late it was, she was game! Ran to her new nifty apartment, then ran a little 8k park circuit with her, then back home, quite late and very tired. 18km.

Can I say "late night"?

This morning was something. Wake-up call at 5:30 am from a runner friend, DragonsRouges, after only 3 hours sleep. I couldn't handle it. Slept another hour. Got in an hour cycle though before the kids arrived for their week with me. Felt the workout still from yesterday as my legs had no power nor speed. Cycling was slow and ardous, but it was nice to take in some fresh air so early in the morning and I got to test out my new aerobars. Peaceful ... nary a soul around at 7 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home