Sunday, July 02, 2006

It's wicked out there!

I was really scared while driving home from my friend Geoff's, who's also my multi-talented web designer. He's helping me with my next Canadian Diabetes fund-raiser on August 2 at Vertige. It's going to be a Gastronomic Supper Cocktail with a Lock & Key theme. Come on out and support me as a member of Team Diabetes Canada!

Yup, major thunder storm going on out there ... Had to nix my late night run. I like the smell of bacon frying, but not of ME frying.

Bad day for training.

Good thing about Canada Day is it's a holiday and there are cool fireworks that one can watch with the kiddies (as I did Saturday night). Bad thing is that the local community pools are closed before and after this holiday. I found this out as I arrived at the sports centre this afternoon.

Disappointed, I scrambled to find another pool and managed to squeeze in a short swim at the local Y. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my workout in since I only had 25 min. before they closed, so I settled for just doing plain old non-stop laps and worked on stretching out my body and rotating my hips.

Bad news ... I've been having trouble with my left arm and shoulder, something that's become more apparent recently with my "improving" technique. Only the right side of my body is continuing to improve. Saw my physiotherapist today. I have quite a ways to go before the nerve damage caused by my accident last February heals completely.

Sigh.

I can pretty well do most things with my left arm, except that the nerves aren't sending the signals to the muscles the way they should so that I can have the speed, power and flexibility that I used to have. It takes a lot of effort to make my left arm do half of what my right arm can do and it often feels a little achey, sleepy, and heavy.

Sigh.

Going to try to be a good girl tonight and hit the hay ... real soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home