Friday, June 30, 2006

Cheaters never prosper

Um ... [with sheepish look on my face] ... all I did today was ... um, swim. And not even a full hour. Just 45 min. Did whole bunches of laps and tried to concentrate on technique. Asked the life guard some questions then slipped in some drills before doing some more laps incorporating some changes.

I was happy not to see Mr. Pool Boy.

Actually, I'd like to run into Mr. Speedo at the other pool, now that I can swim. Yet another one with attitude.

Anyway, again ... where did the day go?! With the braised beef cooking in the oven, I planned to run around and around the block while the kiddies cycled. A sudden heavy rainstorm nixed that idea. DRAT!

I thought about riding my wind-trainer, but it's awfully hard to do that now that I've climbed Camilien Houde and gone around the island several times (yes, Montreal is an island). Indoor riding just doesn't cut it anymore, even with watching a film. No wind, no bumps, heck, no forward motion.

Mr. SB has been completely abandoned. I've been afraid to look at him lest I upset him further. (Ahem, for those who have only joined this blog recently ... Mr. SB is Mr. Stationary Bike.)

So no running, no riding tonight. The kids and I happily ate popcorn and watched:


I have a confession. I've been feeling awfully demotivated this week. It's been really hard to fit in training sessions, especially now that the easy short ones are over two hours and the long ones are +/- 4 hours. I am supposed to train six days a week. Last weekend's work fury totally threw me off-balance and I can't seem to find that balance again. Not that I ever really had it, but at least I was able to straddle it precariously.

This all makes me wonder if I'll be able to pull this IM off ... and I've had a little set-back health-wise with the "healing" and will be seeing my physiotherapist twice next week.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home