Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Have you ever googled yourself?

Well, I just did, to see if my website would come up. Other websites came up and I found this picture of me that a wonderful, intelligent and sexy girlfriend of mine, Lightspeedchick, took at her place. We had spent an evening together eating and laughing and trying to "figure out" men and came to the conclusion that as much as men say they want a strong woman, they don't really. Grrrr ...

Alright, I tell you, it's really hard to get back into the groove of intense training. That 3-hour bike session? Well, I wanted to go outside so I waited a bit for the rain to subside and the thunderstorm warning to go away but it didn't, so I lay down on the couch to take a little break, which turned out to be a little nap, and then ended up working on the fund-raiser some more.

So no run, no ride. Sigh.

I feel tired. Haven't been sleeping well. Insomnia. Lots on my plate.

The thing about belonging to a charity team is that it's hard to juggle fund-raising and training. When I joined Team Diabetes Canada, I made a commitment to raise a certain amount of funds, and to be able to complete Ironman Canada, I will need to do a certain amount of training. I can only do so much each day - where is the balance? When I ran as part of Team in Training with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, I always exceeded my fund-raising goals but never came close to my training ideals. And I'm afraid that this is happening again ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home