Thursday, June 04, 2009

Bag Balm, I love you!!

I've been off running since mid-April due to a hip injury, I think caused when I had my last bike accident. Probably something to do with not being able to unclip manually before being thrown off my bike. I'm thinking that the same force that threw me into the back of the mini-van might have also torn a tendon slightly as my leg extended backwards before my pedals unclipped ... thus the hip injury. Sigh ... stupid mini-van driver. I've had pain every time I've ran since then, and it would be gone in a day, but only when I upped my mileage recently in anticipation for the Ottawa Marathon did the pain not go away.

So ...

That leaves me with cycling and swimming.

Meet my "new" pal, Kate. She's gonna allow me to train in the city ... Tri-bikes are way too dangerous to ride in Montreal traffic ... I'd hate to injure my neck a third time!


And since I've put new pedals on her and also a new seat that doesn't shred my private soft bits, we've been able to start a beautiful love affair.


Admittedly, we had a few squabbles at first, even with the change of seat, but with the introduction of the new mediator, things have since been hunky dory.

Hello BAG BALM! Good-bye BodyGlide!



For bunches, caked bags, cuts, sore teats, chapping and inflammation.
Active ingredients: 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate 0.3% in a petrolatum, lanolin base.

BAG BALM stikes into the milk glands allaying irritation, relieving congestion and softening the tissues. It heals the skin troubles and makes the teats soft and pliable.

A few applications relieve the worst cases. BAG BALM is soothing, healing and penetrating. Veterinary use only.

Wow, I never thought cycling could be so "pain-free" :-D

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

Wait a minute here... "Veterinary use only"...

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

Isn't "pussy" a little animal?

6:35 p.m.  
Blogger Yvonne said...

arguably...

10:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home