Thursday, March 19, 2009

Excuse me?

I had an interesting conversation with my osteopath at the physio clinic the other day:

CT: So, I think you should do a decatriathlon.

(Pause)

CT: You know what that is, don't you?

Me: Are you serious?! That's 10 times the distance of an Ironman!!

CT: C'mon, you can do it, you're crazy enough.

Me: No way! ... Alright, maybe I'll do it as a birthday present to myself when I'm 50.

F (my physiotherapist): No, when you're 45!


That means I'll have to swim 38 km, ride my bike for 1,800 km and run 422 km to complete the competition. Mental note to self: Gotta make sure my shoes don't have too much mileage before I start the race ...

Recently, I've been asthmatic because of sickness and busy travelling and therefore, not training, so yesterday's 23 min. jaunt around the neighbourhood left me wheezing by the end. Not good.

Today, I went a little farther, just another kilometer, but made sure to take my inhaler before running. Success! No wheezing!

Decatriathlon, here I come!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home