Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Training to be a glutton

So, I've *tried* to be a good girl with regards to my training ...

1) I made up a rough training schedule recently (good) and printed it out so that I could revise it with more realistic goals. Unfortunately, it's still sitting on my dresser table waiting to be adjusted and I think I'm already past the dates that I already edited (not good).

2) I have though managed to increase my training (good) though haven't done nearly as much mileage and time as I've hoped (not good). I'm proud though that I did get in a 15k run last week as well as a 38k cycle (good). Today, what with these intense April showers finally letting up, I'm due to run an 18k. (good)

3) I'm still not getting enough sleep (not good). The combination of being a night owl, flaky artist and avid swing dancer who's recently had a lot of dancing opportunities doesn't help to contribute to consistent rest.

4) Though I've been eating healthily, it doesn't help that I like to bake and that I've been invited out to dinners like this (not good, but oh so good!):


Photo would have been taken earlier on in the meal but we got distracted by the Peking Duck appetizer then continued right on eating until I remembered. Note to self: Do not go to dinners like this with stretchy draw-string pants ... Ugh, I'm never gonna lose these extra pounds that have been slowing me down.

Alright, 4 x *good*, and 4 x *not good*. Am I just training to be a glutton? Mind you, I did dream of doing Ironman twice in the last week, if that counts for anything ...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home