Friday, December 26, 2008

He stole my birthday!

My entire childhood, I had to deal with what I thought was the crappiest birthday possible. December 26. Somehow inbetween all the Christmas and New Year's brouhaha, my special day would always be overlooked. And when it wasn't, I'd of course only receive one gift, evidently for both Christmas and my birthday, or none at all :-( Even as a teenager, I remember baking my own Betty Crocker cake if I wanted a chance for a celebration.

Now as an adult, I ALWAYS make sure I get a party, and the best way to guarantee that is to hold one myself! Be it an intimate supper or a funky loft party, it's important for me to share this day with my good friends.

This year though, my birthday celebration developed a major kink in it ... Earlier this year, I made an incredible new friend, CG. Great, one more important person to invite to my birthday party ... but wait! CG has the same birthday as I do! How do I invite him to "MY official birthday party"? Geez ...

He stole my CRAPPY birthday!

And now I'd have to share it ... Oh well. What I don't do for a friend ... :-)


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home