Friday, December 21, 2007

Falling through the cracks of life ...

I've almost given up on training ... like, is it worth it, keeping a blog?

Just kidding ...

But somewhere inbetween heavy snowstorms, wickedly bad traffic, shovelling out my car too many times, Christmas shopping, physio and osteopath appointments, wicked headaches, full-time work, and two auditions, I haven't been able to fit in any training this week.

Oops, there was that 4.5 k to and from my physiotherapist's office to avoid having to move my car needlessly ... hmm.

But besides that, nada. I had planned to go to the pool tonight but the tow truck signalling that snow removal was to commence on my street pulled me out the door a little earlier than planned, so I decided to do my holiday grocery shopping.

Bad idea.

By the time I got to the pool to try to squeeze in a half hour swim, there was no parking to be had! Snow removal there too meant that there were less parking spots available and I didn't feel like circling like a vulture. So Plan B was the pool closer to my house with only one lane (no fast lane) since there was a parking lot.

But of course, there's no use finding a parking spot if the pool is closed.

Alright, back to the house, unload and put away the groceries, blah blah blah on the phone about a ** super top secret project ** that I will announce very soon here ... then finally returning a few of my many months' worth of e-mails, laundry and lo and behold!

Even Plan C, a quick run or spin on Mr. SB, my stationary bike, had fallen through the cracks of my life ...

But hey, there's always January with New Year's resolutions ;-) I'll most definitely need them ... the Christmas flab started a few weeks ago. Something about cold weather, lots of snow and shorter days that makes me want to eat ... and sleep ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home