Saturday, November 17, 2007

Not that hard to figure out ...

One night, coming home from rehearsal, it suddenly dawned on me why I wasn't training.

That particular day, I had worked 9 hours non-stop at my day job and then rushed off to a 5-hour play rehearsal in which I landed one of the leads. Throw in almost two hours travelling time and I come up with a grand total of 16 hours. Then throw in time needed to shower and get ready and eat and look over my lines and I'm already running a major sleep deficit. Yes, it's been intense with rehearsals since we had a public reading recently ... sorry I didn't have time to invite you all ... just too busy to BLOG!

Who has time to train?

So that's what my past two weeks have been like ... busy, busy, busy. Lots of dancing too, since I went off to Cape Cod for "Swingin' New England", a West Coast Swing dance convention. Nothing like visiting the ocean, which was right behind the hotel. Incredibly serene ... lovely.

Some have said to me that I've taken too much on my plate and I totally agree. But hey, that's how life is sometimes and it's difficult to pass up interesting opportunities.

I did take the opportunity to go for a short dip in the pool yesterday though I couldn't swim lengths since it was family time and I was playing with my kiddies. There's something to be said though for staying familiar with the movement of water around you, and also for movement IN water. You have to "feel the water", my trainer friend, Dirk, always says.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home