Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The View from My House

We've had a lot of snow recently ... about 35cm or so. Enough to want to call it a "Snow Day" like when we were kids and schools closed. I'd love not to go into work and just do nothing all day long, well maybe train and watch some flicks on the tube too.

This morning, I got up early, around 6am and the snow had stopped. DG told me he's never seen "igloos" before (cars completely buried in snow) ... well, he's never lived in the city centre before either.


Not much training since last week. Just two swim sessions. Lots of eating sessions ... it's that time of year again though ... sigh.

One good thing about tonight's swim was getting across the pool easily enough in only 17 strokes. I even tried breathing every five strokes as well just to see if it would add efficiency to my stroke and with some practice, I think it might. I had to concentrate real hard NOT to breathe every three strokes. I definitely think I'm much faster than I was last summer or maybe I haven't been swimming enough to remember ...

Been too busy recently to get more training in ... I landed another role in another play recently and had a rehearsal and public reading. I hope this play "The Source" goes to stage ... it'll be fun! It's based on a philosophical book called "The Magic of Unknowing" and it sparked a lot of interesting discussion after the rehearsal and the reading.

As I've gotten older, I've realised that the more I know, the more I realise I don't know ... which is cool in an interesting way ... excites me to think of all that is still to discover!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home