Wednesday, October 24, 2007

When the pace of life becomes too fast ...

Wow.

Simply ... wow.

I just realised how much time has transpired since the last time I blogged. My apologies to everyone. It's not that I didn't feel inspired to write, since I always have good ideas and stories and love to share, but frankly ...

Where did the time go?

I've been able to keep up a minimum training schedule though ... short 5 k runs, rides of 20-34 k, 30-45 minutes in the pool doing laps from time to time ... all of which has been difficult enough to do what with work, my acting career, the kids, my commitment to the dance community and a new charity team that I am creating.

So what can one do to slow down the pace of life?

1) Eat a good breakfast.

- sauteed potatoes
- grilled tomatoes
- organic pears from my mother's backyard sauteed in butter and brown sugar
- scrambled eggs with green onions, Italian sausage, and cheddar cheese
- a hot cup of Tetley tea

2) Go for a bike ride on the north shore.

Montreal is *amazing* for its bike paths. Besides, crisp autumn days call for getting outdoors and enjoying the amazing colours and fresh air.

3) Stop off at the park.

I remember taking my kids to this park when they could both fit in the bike trailer together. It's about 17 km away from our house and was our turn-around point. Our reward for cycling out this distance was a picnic and playing, such as we did again here in these pics but this time, I had no trailer to pull!


4) Invite a friend over for supper.

This is LifeAny. She's a member of the Montreal Coolrunners, like me. She used to never run but decided to do the couch-2-5k program and this year, she did her first 5 k race, followed soon after by another 5 k hilly race on a super hot day (she's crazy) and we're so proud of her.

On the menu:

- tofu in oyster sauce with BBQ pork and broccoli
- snow pea leaves sauteed with garlic
- white Jasmine rice



5) Finish off the day with hugs and cuddles from all those you love ...

Have a wonderful rest of the week! Don't forget, no matter what difficulty you're going through in life, everything is transitory ... xoxo

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home