Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Guilt-free and loving it!

I have the utmost admiration for athletes who juggle work, family, friends and disciplined training.

HOW DO THEY DO IT?

I can't seem to figure it out ... I haven't been doing more than the odd short, and I mean short, run or quick half hour swim. Mind you, I've taken on a second play project and I've had more dancing than usual recently with a Jive dance event (like sprinting with no finish line in sight) and a West Coast Swing workshop last weekend. Check me out with teachers Larry and Heidi Mongeau who are exceptional dancers!


Maybe I do too much ... Funny, I've already realised that my comfort zone lies in my being busy, in making plans and executing them ... It's not what kind of plate I can spin in the air, it's how many different coloured ones I can spin all at the same time ...

But like everyone else, sometimes I just have to ... STOP.

Last Wednesday, instead of doing my planned swim, I chatted with a girlfriend without multi-tasking at the same time, and then watched a WHOLE HOUR of television ... and you know what?

It felt good and I feel absolutely no guilt. :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home