Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The roads are now clear ...

... and I will be on my way to Toronto to see my mom, who has stabilized in the hospital. This is a particularly scary drive for me because of my past car accident and also because of the road conditions. I'm just happy that it stopped snowing and it's warmer, which will hopefully mean less ice.

My mom has stablized and the head scan showed no signs of cancer or other in her brain. Thank God. She is now on blood thinners to deal with the clots and her morale has brightened, especially knowing the results of the scan. Though it is evident that her cancer has deteriorated, I am praying that she still hold onto life because selfishly, I still need my mother and the kids still need their grandmother. Besides that, we have plans to bring in the New Year with her.

Yesterday, I managed 56 laps in the pool, or 1400 m. Not where I need to be but it's a start. And it was wonderfully therapeutic.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home