Saturday, September 15, 2007

When the pull is too strong ...

Run report for the past week:

Saturday (in Toronto) - 5k
Sunday (back in Montreal) - 10k
Tuesday - 5k
Friday - 10k

Alright, that's only 30k, but much better than the 10k/week I've been doing ... Yes, I know that the marathon is only 15 days away ... but where there's a will, there's a way. I just couldn't find it this week, what with travelling and kids, working 47 hours, an audition, some interior design work for a friend (yay, I get to be creative), a parent-teacher meeting, and hanging out with friends.

Yes, I know ... I will have to cut somewhere and unfortunately, it always seems to be with my sleep. Please forgive me friends as I will have to start ignoring your invitations. Goodbye, but just temporarily, to other fun activities, like dancing ... alright, not quite yet. You can be my cross-training as I build my base back up.

I'd better get my act together soon though as I've got a really tough gig ahead of me beyond this marathon ... something that has been mulling in my head for the past few weeks, swirling around in my brain and interfering with my thought processes, beckoning me ... tempting me ... convincing me ...

That's it!! ENOUGH ALREADY!! I can only handle so much!

No turning back now ... I did it and signed up for Ironman Louisville. Why that one? Cause it wasn't full and somewhere in a corrupted chip in my head, I convinced myself that I could drive there ... it's only 15 hours away.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home