Thursday, August 09, 2007

I got shot today ...

... in the neck, with a cortisone injection. Seems that the sports medicine doctor wants to break the inflammatory cycle in my neck muscles at the base of my head. Yes folks, whiplash can cause quite serious damage. I'm going onto a year and a half now since my car accident and I am still not free of pain.

Sigh.

Shot was very painful, the worse part being not the needle penetrating my scalp, but the actual cortisone being injected into the base of my head. It burned.

Now I have to let the cortisone shot settle for a few days and was told by the doctor to lay low ... Definitely no running. Possibly some swimming and cycling if I take it easy, and I sensed that the doctor sensed I don't take things "easy" in the way she was meaning it. What gave this away? When she said, "Not like this," and physically mimed me NOT taking it easy on the bike.

My body is aching to MOVE!!

Alright ... here is my plan:

Thurs. evening: swim
Friday: bike to and back from work (if it doesn't rain)
Saturday: easy short run
Sunday: full marathon

Gotta start back slow, you know ... What do you think?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home