Thursday, September 06, 2007

Confession

Now that I've started running again after my doctor-induced break, I'm finding it a little more challenging than I'd like.

Sometimes, I pray that the light will turn red.

Yup, you got it folks, the simple truth! I wish and hope for that 30 second reprieve where I can stop running, go "ah", and just relax. Most of the time though, Murphy's Law prevails and dang, I'll get to that red light just as it turns green ... And what with runner's guilt being so powerful, I am forced to continue. That's right, runner's guilt dictates that green means go.

BAH!! Who made up these rules?

Sigh.

I ran 10k last Sunday. It was actually much easier than it was the previous weekend. Maybe the bit of cycling that I've been doing helped ... maybe that it was much cooler and I had finally gotten some rest the previous nights is more like the real answer. Good news is that my body wasn't suffering the next morning. Good news indeed. Muscle memory, it's recuperation powers are starting to kick into a higher gear.

Have I run since Sunday? Ummmm ...

Monday
Got invited to the Montreal World Film Festival closing cocktail. Had planned to go back home and run afterwards but got whisked away down the red carpet to the award ceremony and closing screening of the incredible and poignant film "A Secret" by French director Claude Miller (who, by the way, is a very nice and unpretentious gentleman). This film, along with "Ben X", won the top prize of the festival, the juried Grand Prix of the Americas. It's coming out soon, don't miss it!

Tuesday & Wednesday
Late evenings at work followed by supper with friends ... A girl's gotta eat, you know! Don't forget, I'm in marathon training.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

try doing it after an IM..oh wait, you probably have

10:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home