Thursday, September 20, 2007

On the set of "Sophie Paquin"

I can't believe it's already Thursday night and I still haven't run since ... um, since ...

This dreaded Toronto Scotia Waterfront marathon is looming so near in the future and definitely way too close in mind ... just a measly 10 days away and I have still yet to do more than a 10k run, which I've been doing once a week. I seriously wonder what that'll buy me for this upcoming marathon. I am definitely in worse shape than for the Ottawa marathon, a lot of which is due to a tough work schedule.

How do full-time workers train for marathons and Ironman?!?! It is boggling my mind!

Alright, last you heard from me was my getting very little sleep due to the very early rise-and-shine to the dark, cold set of "Sophie Paquin", a Quebec television series. I'd landed a small role of a tourist. Since my role allowed me to carry my camera around, here are some pics of my day. No pics of the make-up/hair/wardrobe people though since when I was with them, I was being dressed, made-up or coiffed, which didn't facilitate picture taking. No pics of me either ... you'll have to try to catch me when this episode airs, and I don't know when that'll be. I usually find out about things like this after the fact ... when someone calls or tells me, "Hey, I saw you in ..."

Inside the beautiful church where we were shooting, which gave us shelter from the cold and wind outside. We were already blocking the exterior shot before sunrise.

Here's a shot of Marc, who played the tour guide ... we had a blast making jokes all day long.


Exterior shot of the church where we shot on the Plateau Mont-Royal. Montreal has amazing architecture. Don't let the sun fool you ... brrrrr.



This is what is known as the "Craft Table", with a few things for breakfast snacking.


I think the food truck is a lot more interesting. They make us tasty hot snacks that get served on set. I was sad to say I missed my ritual morning sandwich due to being too busy shooting a scene.

Here are a line-up of trailers ... they go all the way to the bottom of the street, and also in the other direction too (not in shot). I had to share my dressing room with another actor who played another tourist, but that's alright. We didn't have much time to lounge ... too busy shooting (and freezing!)

Here are some crew shots ...



And shots of two of the leads ... but would you recognize them?



And of course, other fellow actors, Marc and two others who played tourists like me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, I know its hard work, but always fascinating...

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

If it was up to me ... I would be doing this kind of work more often ... a long day on set, even freezing is MUCH better than a long day at the office! Such is life as an artist trying to make ends meet ...

1:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! A fellow Montrealer. Found your page looking for training tips following a cortisone injection. Got one yesterday, have been told to take it easy for a few days. Trying to figure out whether aquarunning would be considered "taking it easy" for a hip injury. Any insight from your experience? Thanks!

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

I'd say don't do anything for at least two or three days ... it takes a while for the cortisone to get absorbed into the body and do its work. The reason why you had to get that injection is to break the inflammatory cycle and I bet you meds couldn't do that. I've had injections in my elbow too from too much boxing but it finally helped to heal months of pain ... but I took it easier after and cut down the boxing and wore an elbow support until it healed completely.

Good luck with your healing ... better to take a few days off than to lose a few months ... aquarunning, yes, I'd recommend it, but still wait a bit first. You've still got resistance against your hip joint when you lift your legs.

8:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home