Wednesday, February 14, 2007

To all my Valentines ...

Nice thing about being single is that I'm allowed to have as many Valentine's dates as I like without being chastised.

Valentine #1: Late dinner at Buono Notte Feb. 13 with Zute, a cyclist friend, who was in from out of town for a ski show. Clock struck 12 ... What a great way to kick off Valentine's Day!


Valentine #2: Casual dinner Feb. 14 with equally single JC. Phaya Thai is my favourite Thai restaurant! So happy they opened up a closer second location on Laurier, much closer to me than downtown.


My friend AT sent me an e-mail to celebrate SAD, or Singles Appreciation Day. When I called her up later to have a chat, she told me that she tried to dine alone at a restaurant and was refused a table! Wasn't even allowed to sit at the bar since they had a no food at the bar policy. Sucks doesn't it!?

Well, AT, if we had been in the same city, I would have happily had supper with you - you would have been Valentine #3. Valentine's Day for me is about love and appreciation. AT, you're an amazing friend and a wonderful person!

Here we are at a beach in Honolulu. Though she lives in North Carolina, she came out to Hawaii to cheer me on for the 2005 Honolulu marathon. You rock, girl!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home