Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Observations of the Day

I was doing a quick 30 minute jog around my neighbourhood, first run in over a week, and had just crossed a small intersection when BANG! A car coming out from a STOP collided with the car I had just crossed in front of.

Lady, get off your bloody cell phone!

Some people just don't get it ... if you don't pay attention, you can cause an accident. Obviously, she did not use the stop sign to actually look to see if the intersection was clear.

Lady: "Oh, I didn't hear a bang."

Silly Sally: "That's because you were too busy talking on your bloody cell phone."

[Silly Sally rolls her eyes.]

On a nicer note, slipped in an intense albeit short swim, about 25 min. at the neighbourhood pool. Almost every end of lap was a flip turn.

Question: Is it wrong to start twisting while doing the flip? I saw a learning video clip yesterday that said that the twist is only started after pushing off the wall, but I tried this today and found it harder. Way more water up the nose. I think I might keep doing them "my way" - faster and it works.

I don't tie my shoelaces properly either or hold my chopsticks correctly. Heck, I don't even train right.

I can rub my tummy and pat my head and chew gum though.

Cute observation today. There was a mixed Asian-Caucasian 5-year old girl beside me in the change room. Her mother spoke Chinese to her. The little girl spoke both Chinese and French fluently back to her and sang little songs like "Frère Jacques" the whole time her mother dressed her.

Made me think of me when I was little, always singing ... I knew how to whistle too at that age.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Meagan said...

Flip first, push off the wall and twist. Keep working, you'll get it.

Cute story about the little girl. I wish I had been taught more than one language when I was little! It was so much easier then.

10:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home