Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hanging out with the guys ...

Today was quite the social day ... First on the agenda was breakfast at Byblos on the Plateau with Maurice Alarie, my massotherapist for the last 6 years. He's seen me through every marathon, every triathlon, and also through my car accident. He's given me amazing support with all my endeavours. Highly recommended! Today we had a pick-my-brain meeting as he's set up his services at the Serei Martial Academy and wanted my marketing opinion.

We laughed about how we couldn't understand people twiddling their thumbs, wondering what to do with their time. How do people get bored ... there is just so much out there to do! Both of us have been independent workers for a long time and we immensely enjoyed the freedom of enjoying our days as we wish ... without the constraints of a 9-5 routine. Doesn't mean that we don't work hard, just means that we have more choice of when. But that when also means financial insecurity and most people can't handle that.

Life is full of choices.


Add Image
Rushed off after the meeting to swim with JC, another freelancer. Didn't have more than a half hour but worked on my catch, still looking for that perfect balance of power and effort and efficiency. Boy I have short arms. Even when I sprint, I still can't beat JC. We went for coffee afterwards to catch up on things other than swimming ...



And here is my friend GB. He came over after work and forced me to get out and run with him for a half hour. I felt like backing out because of the cold, but was glad when we decided to go for it anyway. One cool thing about my neighbourhood is the variety of restaurants. We opted for Vietnamese as the post-run food. Imperial rolls and Chow Mein ... scrumptious ...




The rest of the night was doing laundry. I was so tired from my "double training", I fell asleep on the couch while folding clothes. I woke up an hour and a half later embroiled in my freshly-washed sheets.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home