Sunday, February 04, 2007

Girl's Night Out

Yesterday, I got in an intense half hour swim but today, I somehow got sidetracked and ran out of time to train before my friend, and guinea pig west coast swing dance partner (I'm learning how to lead), CM, came by. For a while now, we'd talked about "drinking and dancing", so lo and behold, we decided to throw in a little gourmet feast as well.

Tonight's menu:

Appetizers:
- fresh baguette
- 3 types of olives
- baba ganoush
- 5 types of cheeses: old cheddar, havarti, smoked gouda, jarlsberg, and oka
- cherry tomatoes on the vine
- wine: 2005 Wolf Blass Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon (Australia)

Main Course:
- pork filet marinated in a teriaki-like homemade sauce
- sauteed zucchini with garlic
- halved new potatoes sauteed with green onions and some sort of special mixed spice given to me by my running friend Grommit (hey, G, what's in that mix?)
- wine: 2005 Minervois Chateau de Gourgazaud (France)

Dessert
(upon our return from social dancing):
- whole wheat banana bread - simply delicious
- I had offered it "a la mode" but we were simply too full

We finally got to toast the New Year ... I hadn't seen CM since my charity birthday party last December.


Here we are ... two girls ready to go out for some fun social dancing at Dance Conmigo. I love that ballroom stuff ... and I even got to try out the nifty Argentine tango steps that another dancer PB taught me just last night! PB sure worked me hard, but it was worth it!

Late night again for me ... time for tea and wine and "Sex in the City" until I fell asleep on the couch ... Girls' night out ... a total blast!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home