Saturday, January 27, 2007

I am Ironman

Today, I was driving, and a thought popped into my mind ... "I am Ironman".

Not "I am an Ironman" but ... "I am Ironman" ... I think I heard that phrase repeated by a series of athletes in a short documentary about Ironman and it somehow made an impression on my brain.

My reaction to this thought?

O-H ... M-Y ... G-O-S-H !!

I think about what I've accomplished sometimes, especially when I'm in periods like now when I'm almost back to slothdom, and I seriously can't believe what I've done.

Hard to train these days, been working too many hours and either staying up late at night or pulling all-nighters. Deadlines are killing me, and now I have yet another one for the same project. My brain feels fried. Sitting for long periods is still painful. My physiotherapist taped up my back to help me use the right muscles. My osteopath told me that my body is on the brink of exhaustion.

But I did slip in an intense half hour swim yesterday with my fantastically talented buddies Jonathan Clark and Martin Budny.

Here's Moon Over the City by Martin Budny ... incredible ... I would buy it if I had the $$$.

1 Comments:

Blogger momo said...

i love martin's paintings, especially the moon over the city in the more neutral colors. very nice! although, i am s sucker for a photograph, and your friend, jonathan's, are so clear. very cool.

6:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home