Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I promised them it would be full of colour ...

When I got separated many many years ago, I found I had to downsize from the big apartment I shared with my husband. I told my two children, then one and three years old, that we'd be moving to another neighbourhood and that our new home would be a lot smaller but with a big beautiful tree in the backyard. My oldest son told me that was alright, but then asked if it would be "plein de couleurs" ... full of colour. I told him yes, it would, and then kept my promise.

This is my "LEGO Kitchen". We still live in this tiny yet practical house. It has become our beloved home, full of warmth, vitality and laughter, and all the conveniences of a bigger abode. If you walk too quickly through the front door, you might find yourself suddenly in the backyard, our wonderful backyard lovingly shaded by the big willow tree, providing us shelter from the blazing sun during all our summer BBQ/water gun parties. Our house even has a piano that yearns one day to have hands and fingers run all over it. (Yes, yes, I hope to teach my kids soon!)



My friends marvel at my sense of organization. Heck, I marvel at how many shelves I've had to install and at how ingenious I've become at fitting together pieces of this jigsaw puzzle. In my Lego kitchen is one of my favourite corners ... The Monster Corner. We drew these one day while waiting on set (oops, actor lingo). I drew the monster second to the right, and my youngest drew the one to the far right. Mama and baby monster. When it'll be time to move one day, I will take these monsters with me.


I like to cook a lot. Mainly because I like to eat a lot. And I really like to cook in my kitchen.

Last night, I had an early supper right after my swim since even a half hour swim makes me ravenous. Lo and behold, 10 pm rolled by and I was starving. Hence, my delectable homemade Caesar salad with equally delectable homemade garlic whole wheat bread.


Obviously, staying up into the wee hours of the morning to diddle on my computer and dawdle around the house doing important things like laundry and making beds, combined with my fast digestion system only contributed to my next snack.

Yummy spicy oven fries. "Cavendish FlavourCrisp". Eat 'em while they're hot.


Today, I went out for a half hour swim again with my new swim buddy JC. I think the swim buddy thing is working - it's getting me out consistently! Woohoo! Now all I need is a "friggin' cold weather" run buddy and soon, a "friggin' cold wind" cycle buddy when it'll be time to take my bike out again onto the streets.

I had planned to get my butt back onto Mr. SB, my loyal stationary bike, after a super long hiatus and watch CSI New York. To his dismay but not mine, I didn't since this next dish got in the way. I proceeded to shamelessly eat way too much of it, then punished my own gluttony by doing computer and paperwork instead of watching the tellie.

Spicy Thai shrimp with zucchini and red peppers on a bed of rice. Delicious!



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home