Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm all topsy-turvy!!

Well, the swim yesterday went well, better than I thought. I had thought about doing sets, the schedule set out for me for Saturday's swim, but I felt lazy and didn't feel like all that counting. Anyway, when I got to the pool, I found out that the summer schedule had started, meaning less pool time for me.

I slipped into the pool and started swimming non-stop for 50 min. I much prefer that actually over sets. I get into a rhythm and let my mind drift (that is when I'm not correcting my technique). I noticed at one point that I had a long line of swimmers all closely following me. Aha! They were drafting. So I tried it too and put myself behind some gentleman who looked pretty strong and I was amazed that I could keep up so easily! It was a busy day at the pool, what with the long holiday weekend and all ... I don't mind when there's lots of people. There will be way more than that when I do the Ironman ...

Here's a really hilarious video clip simulating open-water swimming:
http://weshobsonperformance.com/images/video.mpeg
It makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it!
(it also scares the heebie-jeebies out of me ... ugh!)

What am I doing up at this time?

Well, I set a new record for an early bedtime. 5pm. I worked on my sales reports this afternoon from contracts I had this past weekend, and I just couldn't tough it anymore. Thought I'd lie down for a short nap. In my previous post, I joked about the 8-hour nap. Pretty pitiful when the joke becomes the reality with my finally getting out of bed almost 9 hours later.

WHOA!! Guess I was friggin' exhausted!!

Alright, so here I am up ... finished my reports and did some browsing on the net. Here's my most recent post on the Multi-sport Coolrunning forum:
http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/010083.shtml

Well, I'm done for the night ... gonna crawl back into bed for an hour or two. Back to my regular training starting tomorrow. I'm trying to justify the recent lack of training to myself by saying that no training is worth total exhaustion ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home