Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My eyes are getting droopy ...

Up at 5am after 2 1/2 hours sleep. Ugh. 11 hours on set, same busy exhausting conditions as yesterday's shoot (club scenes). Then I took my lovely bike, Freida, out to the Gilles Villeneuve race track out on Ile-Ste-Hélène (or is it Ile-Notre-Dame ...). It was so intimidating watching all the other cyclists race by ... would they be able to tell that I'm faking it?

Cycled 8 laps = 32k in about an hour or so. Then I threw my bike into the car quickly and changed my shoes so that I could run around the track. I think I did close to 5k. Whose legs were those? I think they felt so heavy and slow due to the difference of how fast they feel when I'm on my bike. My feet hurt - ouch those bunions! Started feeling better around 2k into the run and was able to run more normally ... and then started picking up more speed right up until the end. I don't think I did too badly.

Drove to the YMCA pool and swam for 45 min. 16 warm-up and drill laps, followed by a kilometer swim, then 4 cool-down laps. 60 laps in all.

I was surprisingly not that hungry when I got home ... too exhausted I think. Made some soup with noodles and ate some waffles. Carbs, salt, sugar. And of course a nice cup of tea. Not the most nutritious meal, but heck, I made sure to eat well all day in anticipation for today's 2 hour + training session ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home