Monday, May 01, 2006

I just knew it ...

There is a great bike route that I take along the north shore of Montreal going east. I could even go off the tip of the island if I wanted to, but haven't cycled that far ... yet! It's really beautiful and serene and right by the water ... not too many cars either. Really crappy roads at times though (that's when my spare inner tubes become handy.) Takes a while to get to this route though. First I have to manoeuver through too many intersection lights, traffic, pedestrians, slower cyclists and small streets to get anywhere where I can start picking up speed, but it's worth it.

So I'm cycling along, there's a little headwind, and all is peaceful. I'm trying to figure out the distance I can cycle in the amount of time I have, since obviously, I have not allotted enough time for the orginally planned 70k. I'm thinking about how I have to get back in time for physio at 4:30pm and then afterwards how I have to go to swim practice. A thought pops clearly into my mind, "A test ... Erik is going to make us do a test tonight."

I make it back home at 4:20pm with only 51k completed. I would have loved to have done more ... time passes by so quickly on a bike when the weather is gorgeous! Especially when I am no longer having "saddle issues" like before. I change and wolf down a bowl of cereal and a banana. Off to physio I go!

One word for today's physio - OUCH!!

Then off to buy some grass seed and dirt for the backyard in the 15 min. I have spare time before my swim practice. There was a Harvey's at the Home Depot ... I drooled ... I wanted some French fries ... yum. But heck, Turtleboy stuffed me silly yesterday and I had enough food still left in me to keep me going until supper.

6:00pm: Pool practice starts with 300m freestyle warm-up. Alright, I can handle that. Then Erik announces that we're going to do a 750m test in preparation for the upcoming sprint triathlon in two weeks.

What did I tell you !!

Great, just when I have lots and lots and lots of energy left after cycling. My time? 16:33. Would have been 16:28 had I started at the exact same moment as the first wave had I known I was in the first wave. Erik complimented me on my flip turns (woohoo!!) Then cool down ...

So not a bad day's work out :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Where is this bike route along the North shore. Part of my long run takes me to Montreal from Laval. I will cross the train bridge near the Bordeaux prison and run along the bike path heading East thru a lot of beautiful parks and green spaces. I usually run east to about 6 or 7 k past the Pie IX Bridge then head back West to the Pie IX bridge where I cross over back into Laval and head home. Really nice area to bike or run.

Roly

8:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home