Sunday, April 30, 2006

I got kidnapped and force-fed!!

I was supposed to wake up at 8am this morning but failing to hear that alarm, was supposed to wake up at 8:15 with the second alarm. Nope. When I finally heard a faint repetitive beeping drone, I figured out too late that I had heard neither alarm and my fear from last night realised itself and I had slept in. The clock read 9:14am.

I was supposed to meet runners from Coolrunning and from MEETinMTL at 9am. Now you understand my dilemma ...

I bolted from my bed, got dressed, drank a glass of water, jumped into my car, found parking and got to the monument at the bottom of Mont-Royal at 9:30. No one to be found, of course! So I started running up the path and eventually ran into some of the other runners.

Met a new person, Ms. T, a phys ed teacher, really nice, and I think she will end up whupping my ass everytime she comes out with us. Sorry, A. for not making it - happy you had a good run without us anyway ... and thanks RG and Df for turning out and giving me your smiles :-)

So I ran about 12k in all taking a downtown detour with Ms. T. What a kick-start to the cardiovascular system in the morning!

Next on the agenda was lunch with TurtleBoy. What I thought would be a simple get-together in the early afternoon for lunch in Chinatown (wonton soup, salt & pepper pork chops, garlic snow pea leaves) ended up being a 6-hour kidnapping where I was force fed way too much food.

Am I the only one who does this, or do you do this too? Carbo-load for exercise we are *thinking* of doing ... 'cause no one ain't seen me on my road bike this afternoon.

I was supposed to ride for 2 hours and even bought spare tires and other bike stuff this afternoon. I figured I'd tempted fate too often going out with no emergency kit and I was due for something to happen. Now I'm safe. TB picked up something along the way too ... check out this cool cycling jersey ...

It's Curious George!


Check out what's on the sleeves ...

This last pic is just for you, DR ... :-)

Nope, I never got in any cycling 'cause after the shopping, we got hungry again. Forced to eat again ... how horrible!!

We didn't end up going to Krispy Kreme like we had hoped but we did make it to Rockaberry's. Yum, yum ... key lime pie and warm apple crumble with ice cream. Got lots in me to cycle tomorrow 'cause tonight all I'm going to do is take a hot bath and relax in front of Grey's Anatomy (sorry Mr. SB) then zzzzzzz ....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... hmmm nice! Yummy!! Still didn't get in my strawberry waffle craving yet (Thanks Roly) but that should be taken care of very very soon.

11:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home