Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Flied lice, how yummy!

I wanted to cycle today but it was another rainy day. Anyway, I had tons to do this afternoon. Where does the time go?

Later on, I ran off to meet up with KR, a wonderfully vibrant friend of mine since she wanted me to meet her group of friends. I sat down at the table and everyone was super friendly. I told them I couldn't stay long since I had to go to swim practice but was instantly served a "Flirtini" anyway ... oooooohhh! Alright, how could I resist?! Glug, glug, glug and a bit of interesting conversation later, out I dash already late for my practice. But not before having a few words with the owner of the restaurant - looks like I may have found an interesting venue for my next "Lock & Key" fund-raiser for the Canadian Diabetes Association ... I'll keep you posted!

Swim practice: whole bunch of sprints and faster swimming ... argh! Maybe I shouldn't have had that martini, right? Out of guilt, I stayed into the "free" period to get in some extra work on my technique. Seems like I work on improving one area and lo and behold, I lose it in another - I'll get the balance right one of these days ... Felt good to be able to swim faster than most of the swimmers there, not that I'm competitive or anything, just nice to know that the technique I've developed so far is actually getting me somewhere. Total swim time = 1 h 40 min.

I rushed home and was ravenous. Good thing I had some left-over white rice and know how to make it interesting and delicious.

So with a full belly, I intended to get some work done on my fund-raising since I have a huge deadline looming and I am 2 months behind schedule. And then afterwards, thought I would cycle a little bit before hitting the hay. Nope, did neither since I ended up talking on the phone for tooooo long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home