Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wow, that weekend just FLEW by!

Yesterday:

Played in the pool with the kids for around 25 min. I would have done some laps, but it was just crazy in the pool ... all sorts of visiting kids from other neighbourhoods for some volleyball tournament. Of course, some were in the only lane available - were they doing laps? No ... just being annoying. There were too many kids just not listening to the lifeguards and doing stupid things. Sheesh!

It was nice to have that feeling of water around me though ...

My kids were happy when they found out I had picked up the other two films in the Matrix series, so guess what? This weekend was a Matrix Fest - what better thing to do on a rainy day! Matrix is really good to cycle to ... the kids didn't even mind the noise of Freida, my bike. There are lots of action scenes with cool music to get one really pumped up. I figure the kids would be happy if I did that more often, wouldn't you say so? Got in almost two hours of cycling with a short break to start supper.

Today:

I guess mini-golf doesn't count as training but it was fun! Though I've never liked the pressure of finishing up the hole quickly since there are people waiting for you to finish ...

Went swimming afterwards and tried to play several times with the kiddies but they "dissed" me since they had found their favourite pool toys and didn't want to "share". That's alright ... I got to do almost a half hour of half lengths in the pool and a whole bunch of flip turns. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get the most forward movement with my arm in the water - what should it go exactly?

Went for a late night run with an acquaintance, T, whom I found out today runs 400m competively. Argh. I don't know him too well but had told him that I would run with him one day. I'd forgotten how much he's built like a gazelle with his long thin legs.

So we set off and I felt surprisingly good. Kept a faster pace than I'm used to for this distance when I train but everything felt right, and I had no problem talking. Ran 12k in about 1:05. Not bad, not bad at all, but I really have to do something about this tight right hamstring which has been hurting for the past week and change. T & I picked up the pace at the end, and I kept thinking, don't trip, don't fall, watch your sprained ankle, don't turn it! Woohoo ... Good run!

After some stretching, I got on my bike for a hour and tried to watch Grey's Anatomy. But T preferred to chat with me ... Arrrgh!!! Oh well ... Season finale's next Sunday, and I ain't gonna miss that one for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home