Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's raining, it's pouring, the Old Man is snoring!

Ahhhh ....

Got 11 hours sleep last night. I think I needed it. My friend Kneejerk woke me with a 6:45 am call to run with her but I told her that I needed sleep more than a run. I was happy to learn that she decided to head back under the covers too ... Meaning ... that we got to run together after she finished work!

10k in the pouring rain. Good thing it wasn't THAT cold. Still needed gloves though and I could wring out my clothes when I got back. Don't you just love that feeling of stepping accidentally into a puddle and having your foot soaked with frigid water? NOT!

Boy was I happy to wolf down last night's leftovers when I got home and dried and dressed. Then off to the gym to get my bike adjusted by Erik, my tri group coach. I managed to slip in a measly 20 min. of swimming before the pool closed ... better than nothing though. I notice a big difference in my swimming when I am more often in the water, even if it's for short periods. Last week, I didn't swim for a few days and actually felt that I had lost some of the "feeling of the water".

Well, I'm ravenous so I'm going to go eat a hot bran muffin! Yum!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home