Friday, April 28, 2006

What to do ... what to do ...

So Metalboy woke me up bright and early this morning to go cycling. I asked him how cold it was outside. He said, "0" (zero). I said, "That's pretty cold." But he convinced me anyway, though I felt like calling him back at 8am after breakfast to change my mind. Good thing my trainer, Dirk, was online. I told him of my cycling plans and how frigid it was outside but how it was supposed to warm up and might be 4-5C by the time we started. He said that made no difference. He recommended wearing four layers, gloves, ear and head covers, and of course, plastic bags over my feet. Good trick, though my feet were sweating, and subsequently cold, by the end. But it did the trick and it helped me make it through.

Thank you Metalboy ... 60k! Cycled almost 2.5 hours (average speed 24.4, a little slower than last week, but heck, I did big hills last night!)

Confession: I didn't go to sleep when I said I would. Felt guilty. Wanted to feel more productive, so I worked on sorting out receipts. Yeah fun stuff ... and to think I chose that over sleep. By the time I needed to sleep, I was overtired, and thus had insomnia. So my lack of sleep is entirely my fault ....

My choices tonight are:
a) swim
b) swing dance
c) swim then go swing dancing
d) watch t.v. and go to sleep early

But as I'm writing this, I realise that yes, part of training is recuperation, and I'm horrible at that. So I will try to be a good girl and choose d). I hope you're reading this Dirk and Metalboy!!

Flash ... there is no early swimming tomorrow morning close by ... agh! Makes me want to go to the pool right now ... No, no, no! S-L-E-E-P !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home