Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's all about synchronization

Last night, my Coolrunning gang and I met up to celebrate Roly's birthday with cake and also TurtleBoy's fantastic Montreal Half Marathon finish. He thinks he did just "alright" ... we others thought he did GREAT!!

Silly Sally, Mercury, Mr. Lambchops ("Chops"), Roly, and TurtleBoy

You can't see Truxx because he's the one taking the pic and DragonFly had to leave early. Fun evening to be had by all ... cake, beer, and laughs. A friend of mine, GK, who once ran a marathon (that's a special club, you know!) joined us for the evening. TB and Merc had brought medals to show off. Gary hadn't brought his but pulled out something shiny and said, "Oh, look what I have ... a picture of the queen." We looked closer - he had pulled out a loonie. Alright, it was funny at the time - guess you had to be there. Thanks Df for giving me the following to read ... So nice that you're thinking of me, though it made me go to sleep late!

No down to business ... I swam and biked today.

Thought about running to the pool but figured it was wiser to grab a snack if I was going to survive this evening's workout without having eaten supper yet (late lunch). Made it to the pool finally, in my car, and got in a solid 23 minutes of front crawl. I concentrated hard on becoming "taller" or longer in the pool, stretching out as my hand entered the water.

I changed quickly into my cycling gear and hurried to my hour tri group spin class. Eric, my coach, made us do two sets of hills while standing - 5 min. hard + 5 min. harder = 10 min. gruesome, followed by a one minute sprint (120 rpm) on an easier setting, then one minute rest (90 rpm) My legs burnt. I cheated a wee little bit and made the start of my second hill just a little less steep, but the second part was much steeper. [Oh no ... Dirk, are you reading this?]

Then quick change and back into the pool until they closed. Only 15 min., but I worked not only on elongating, but also on synchronizing the turning of my torso with the entry of my hand into the water. I want to become a GREAT swimmer one day ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home