Monday, April 24, 2006

Water, water everywhere!

Managed to squeeze in my training today between all the things I had to do, but it required some extra effort. Because of my lack of time, I decided to kill two birds with one stone. "Heck, I'll just run to the pool, and take the long way." And so I did. Then I thought, "Hmmm ... I've got 45 minutes, I wonder if that would be enough time to swim 2km." And so I did, but the life guard wasn't too happy with my stealing a few extra minutes to finish off my laps as he had already closed the pool. Then of course, I had to run back home, and this was actually the hardest part since I was starting to feel tired.

It's funny, my legs usually feel springier and lighter when I run, but I guess it's the lack of recent mileage in my legs or the accumulation of fatigue from my other sports, but today's run in the rain was HARD. My legs felt like lead and I felt really slow. I tried to quicken the pace and imagined running the marathon part of the Ironman praying that I wouldn't feel like this when the time comes ... ugh.

Alright, overall decent training day. Happy I was able to swim the 2km without stopping, except for the occassional equipment adjustment. (Does anyone ever get puffy bathing cap syndrome, where air gets caught at the top of the head and becomes annoying while swimming?) Ended up running 11km in all. I'm happy I didn't run yesterday's Half Marathon as I think I would have D-I-E-D ....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you carry your towel & swimsuit and other stuff when you run there and back? Or maybe you have a permanent locker......ian

12:44 a.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

I carry the bare minimum in a small light backpack - towel, swimsuit, cap, goggles, lock, hotel-size bottle of lotion, money, keys. Works well. I'd like to buy one of those really light towels that absorb XX-times it's weight.

12:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home