Sunday, April 23, 2006

Is a girl allowed to drool?

What a horrible rainy Sunday. Glad I wasn't registered in the Nike 21kmtl like some of my Coolrunning friends. I would have had to drag my kids out in the rain and ask that someone watch them had I decided to run.

Instead, after brunch, we watched Bend It Like Beckham. I had warned my kids who insisted on watching it while cuddling in bed that I might fall asleep and miss the whole thing, but alas, I ended up drooling too much to to that. The reason? Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I don't ever remember having a coach that looked like that. I don't even have friends that look like that ... drool ... drool ...


Alright, he's a bit young (rowwrr!) but can't a girl dream a little? My kids made fun of me and suggested I look him up on the internet, and so I did, just for them. Alright, if you happen to know a slightly older version of the man above, please send him my way, and make sure he's athletic.

Next ...

Went swimming in the afternoon. Managed 55 min. before they kicked me out of the pool. Worked on forward motion again and concentrated hard on efficiency. Have no clue how many laps I ended up doing, but I started off with 1000 m after a short warm-up and then followed with lots of faster sets that included flip turns ... so maybe close to 2km in all? I tell you, it's real hard to do breast stroke now which makes me feel like I'm gettting no where fast so I end up using it more just to warm-up.

So, Grey's Anatomy is on tonight and it's still raining outside ... I thought about running, but it's horribly cold and miserable outside ... Mr. SB it is. I'm taking a saddle break from Freida, my road bike.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHHHH I know exactly what you mean (JRM)... hehe

DR

9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home